Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Box Mixes in a Pinch


Yesterday I was asked to bring a dessert to my sister Molly's goodbye dinner, she is off to GVSU. So since I only had a few hours I decided to try the Yellow Cake & Chocolate Frosting box mixes by Cherrybrook Kitchen, an allergy free box mix.

The cake mix was as good as any box mix but I will not make the frosting again since I like to decorate my cupcakes with frosting. After placing the frosting in the fridge for 10 minuets, as suggested on the box for decorating, it was to runny. The frosting has the consistency of the tub frosting but if you don't mind that this would work just fine, it tasted great. I am going to be making from scratch allergy free butter cream next month for Evan's birthday cupcakes I really hope that works out better than this did. Over all I would use the cake mix again in a pinch.

I am going to start using my digital camera instead of my iPhone so I can get better photos to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment